Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) - Demo preview from the Gamescom!


May the Force with you
SWTOR station on the Entertainment Area was happening fortunately not too much on the trade-visitor-day on the Gamescomso you could stand in the queue only for about 5 minutes (during the public days are like time stood up to 3 hours in this queue).

There you could allude a tutorial. You have a choice of eight premade characters, each with a different class. I took the character with the Jedi class, which was female in this caseAnd then it was already going onGraphically the game looked very good and the music that accompanied in the background was also very consistent.


At the beginning of the game you have only one apprentice, a kind of exercise lightsaber, but you can still dish out properly. Why you must begin as apprentice with such a "ridiculouspractice swordwhich is just as deadly as a lightsaber, I even do not quite. I want no judgments here and there, I could not play through the tutorial, I can not say in what context is the practice sword with the storybut what I have seen personally appeared to me like an unnecessary design decision.



Already in the first dialogue I had with my character always answer any of three possible answers, which had bearing on whether I've got light or dark side point. I decided for the "light responses and offered my help. Then started my first quest in the series, I had to worry about robbers who attacked the towns to abduct the Jedi Padawan. So I went with a glider, which acted as a travel system, to the scene. Because the demo was only equipped with the English language edition, unfortunately I can notsay how well the German, French etc. Synchro has been set. But the English dub has made ​​me fully satisfied.


When I had finally arrived with my glider, another Jedi Master was waiting for me already and gave me a few more quests. Including the killing of predators and rescuing the already trapped PadawansThe fights were very fluid, as the whole game. My Jedi handed quickly out a fair amount of damage and so the first quests were accomplished. I had typical-MMORPG completely below my skills in the bars. I could select my attaks with the mouse or the numbers on the keyboardThe Jedi class played like a typical warriorbut I also had only three skills to choose from: the standard attackspecial attack and one another ability, through which I had a small attack bonus.


So I fought my way up to a cave. When I arrived at the final boss of the cave, I also had to stop unfortunatelyUnfortunately, I therefore learn no more experience of the in-game content of the game.



Result
What I got to see, was basically just the promise of Bioware and LucasArts in their trailers for the game. By the Sci-Fi setting and the license which the game has, I had a very refreshing game experience compared to the typical fantasy MMOsWith the size of its community and its license to SWTOR I expect a good chance to take foot in the tough MMORPG-business and believe the community around the game has good cards to be fulfilled in their expectations.



If you liked this article and you want to stay up to date, then follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook.


What do you think about the MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic?
Will you maybe play it?
Do you like the preview of it?
Did you play it on the Gamescom?
Tell me your opinions in the comments below please!


Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment